Tuesday, June 29, 2010

Miyuki Triangles

I've just  recently added all three sizes of Miyuki Triangles to my Red Panda Beads inventory.  While I was photographing these beauties, I was amazed at the gorgeous colors that the Triangles come in.  The colors are richer and more intense than Delicas.  Since the Miyuki Triangle beads have such thick walls, they have more area for the colors to unfold.  The inside color lined beads sparkle more with the triangle shape of the beads.  I must admit that I'd not really done anything with Miyuki Triangle beads before and wondered what they could be used for.


While these beads are technically Triangles, they have rounded edges, no sharp edges or corners that you would normally associate with a triangle.  For my first project I chose size 5/0 Miyuki Triangles.  These photographed above are 5TR1162 - the description is Inside Color Lined Gold/Brown.  They have an iridescence that changes color with movement.  Lovely.  So I used these in my favorite 3-drop Peyote stitch.  



They worked great.  This cuff bracelet has a very nice texture created by the Triangle beads.



Next I had to decide how to do the clasp.  I chose one of the new anti-tarnish clasps - very elegant!



 I used size matching 8/0 Miyuki Triangles (8TR1162) to attach the toggle end of the clasp.


Here is a photo of the clasp closed.


Here is the finished cuff.  These Miyuki Triangles turned out much better than I'd ever imagined for this cuff bracelet.  Next, I'm on to the tiniest of the Miyuki Triangles - size 10/0.  


Happy Beading!

Betsy

No comments:

Post a Comment